Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Tv has no picture, only sound, no problem with sound--no

Customer Question

tv has no picture, only sound
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: no problem with sound--no picture. Mitsuibishi Dlp 60 inch
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: screen is black
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The brightness of the screen began dimming in the last week or two. Watched it last night but had to turn brightness way up
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just that I am 69
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Which specific model tv do you have?
Do you see any lights/indicators on the front?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model #WD 60737. The green light come on, but the normal Mitsubishi welcome does not appear, the screen remains black. I hear the sound because of the comcast device. Then after a few minutes the tv turns itself off.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No you can just type the answer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the information,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Yes I am here but please allow me a moment to finish typing, when you send additional replies I have to start over each time.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Your symptoms indicate a failed lamp. This is a normal part of owning dlp tvs, as these lamps are a wear item and have to be replaced about every 2 years on average.

You can order a new lamp here: http://amzn.to/2datczK

There is a lamp cover/door on the back that will open, the old lamp slides out and a new one slides in in its place.

Be sure to buy the exact lamp I linked to, do not buy the $30 generic lamps, they are very low quality and can damage your tv, and will also only last a few months instead of a few years.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, Nathan. I had already discovered this on my own but just wanted some verification.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You're very welcome.

If you need help installing it or any more help after, you're welcome to get back in touch anytime.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,