Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am unable to watch TV shows in full screen on my Sony TV

Customer Question

I am unable to watch TV shows in full screen on my Sony TV unless I'm watching shows in HD. I hope you can help me with this.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I believe it is a 40 inch screen flat screen and is about 5 years old. I am disabled and therefore unable to go to the back of the TV to determine the model#. I purchased it as E. Patricia Hart via a VISA or possibly a MC credit card. I live at 2955 Cashel Lane, Vienna, VA 22181. (###) ###-####
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works. I am able to watch HD TV on full screen. I only have a problem with regular TV reception. I only watch HD TV for sports due to the expense of regular TV and the space it takes up on saved shows. Thank you so much for your assistance.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue for longer than I can recall. This popped up immediately.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

- How do you get channels on TV, through cable box?

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

- Do you use TV remote to change the channels or cable company provided remote?