Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Doens't turn on doesn't Pioneer stby blinking, is very old

Customer Question

doens't turn on doesn't Pioneer stby blinking
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: is very old PDP-AR05U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: jut won't turn on STBY blinking
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: after moving I just moved
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yesterday
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here is the power-light blinking red or blue please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Red STBY blinking light.

OK it will be blinking and pausing please count the amount of red blinks between pauses please like 5 blinks pause 5 blinks

If you see any offers like phone call offers that is not me but the site, I do not use the phone anyhow

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it doesn't stop just blinks or at least over 20 times.

OK please re-boot the set by un-plugging the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, let me know if there is any change?

Anthony

How is this working out please?

OK you have viewed my reply so I have to assume the set is now good?

If so could you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars (3 to 5 stars) at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** allow me to receive credit from the site thanks again

Anthony

Just so you understand how the rating system works I would be grateful if you would read this thank you>>I am an independent technician (verified by justanswer) using this convenient site like you are, that gives up my own time to help people such as yourself with their TV and electronic product, i supply info and that info either helps to fix or draws a conclusion in either situation a technician to do this with you face to face will charge in excess of $100 (plus any repair work), so this is a big saving to yourself however site rules means I do not receive anything until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then click submit, hopefully the explanation makes this clearer thank you ,note if you want to come back to the question you can any time for 30 days thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm waiting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry, I've received a call from my boss, I'm also working here

OK

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
same thing

You are sure the light is not blinking and pausing?it is continuous?because that would be odd for this set

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is blinking really slow. It stays on for about 1.5 seconds. There is no difference on the pulse. I've counted over 20 pules and my wife is making fun of me right now.

The set is not booting up, its displaying no error code simply its not completing its boot up phase now these sets from pioneer were flagship plasmas over-engineered class product however they are now way past their life expectancy and getting parts is not easy (they will be pulled boards from scrap sets) the main-board will need to be replaced in all likelihood with this model probable cost of board $100 maybe less maybe more, so what are your thoughts so far?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll just buy a new one. I already paid 350 for the box and It worked for over a year. Thanks anyways!