Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Tv will not turn on ,red light flashing. Comcast says that

Customer Question

tv will not turn on ,red light flashing. Comcast says that cable modem is operating correctly
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 18 days ago.

Is the red light blinking and pausing please like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks?if so please count the amount of blinks between pauses thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
3 blinks between pauses

OK this is either a main-board issue or a problem with the power-board now I can help you with this however you will need and be able to use a meter (volt-ohm) it may lead to replacement of a board, is this something you think you can do yourself?if so please let me know I will provide all the relevant info for that.

Outside of this you will need at technician will locate a tech in your area.

I am sorry this is not something easier let me know if you need more help thank you.

I would be most grateful if you would consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days should you need to ask for more help

Many Thanks

Do you need more help with this please?not sure if you would want to pursue a repair as the set is quite old now?

Just so you understand how the rating system works I would be grateful if you would read this thank you>>I am an independent technician (verified by justanswer) using this convenient site like you are, that gives up my own time to help people such as yourself with their TV and electronic product, now i supply info and that info either helps to fix or draws a conclusion in either situation a technician to do this with you face to face will charge in excess of $100 (plus any repair work), so this is a big saving to yourself however site rules means I do not receive anything until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then click submit, hopefully the explanation makes this clearer thank you ,note if you want to come back to the question you can any time for 30 days