Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My TV brings up feature not available when I try to watch

Customer Question

My TV brings up feature not available when I try to watch Netflix. It was working two days ago just fine. Netflix is ok. The internet is ok.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is kdl 46Ex723. Its not under warrenty and I bought it from someone else. Maybe 5 years old. A technician tried to send me the info on how to put on factory settings but the email went to spam and was rejected. We weren't talking like this.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checked the cables, turned it on and off. Unplugged and plugged in. made sure I had internet access. TV works good with videos
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had the same problem a long time ago and we were able to fix it. I just cant remember exactly what it was.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

This is how you perform a factory reset although I would try a simple power reset first ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Here is the factory reset if that doesn't do it

1. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  2. Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.

4. Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  5. On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button. Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV.

6. While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set

Your tv is now back at factory default with the first time setup .

Give it a try and let me know how that goes