Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a similar problem with my HL-P6163W 61" DPL TV. I

Customer Question

I have a similar problem with my HL-P6163W 61" DPL TV. I replaced the ballast and lamp. I still have no picture, just sound. The lamp light is on and flash for a short period of time, then the TV will turn off and then back on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: i have actually had it unplugged for days at a time. I first change the lamps out, and it would come on every once in a while. it eventually stop giving me a picture. that's when i tried a new ballast.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i don't have a picture at all to see any of the menu screens.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the picture started to fade in brightness and quality.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here

Was this the original issue BEFORE you replaced the lamp please?if not what was the ORIGINAL issue with the set?

Also when you say "The lamp light is on and flash for a short period of time, then the TV will turn off and then back on." do you mean the lamp light on the front of the set OR the lamp itself?

Anthony