Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I want to connect Sony DVDs to vior tv? Don't know as well

Customer Question

I want to connect Sony DVDs to vior tv?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Don't know as well the labels r not readable next to jacks, can't I connect to AV Rca jacks on side of tv? Also if using s video cable do I still need AV cable
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None I'm simply trying to connect DVDs. I have pic but no sound
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, It's hard to give specifics without specifics (no model of DVD, or model of Viore), but offhand what you will want to do is simply connect a set of Red,White and Yellow AV cables from the back of the Sony DVD (if applicable) to the same colored jacks on the Viore labeled "Video 1". Then use the original Viore remote, or a button on the set itself labeled Input, or Source to select Video 1.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you're currently only using an S-Video, then that will only provide video, so therefore you will not have sound unless a set of red and white RCA cables are connected to transmit the sound.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need more details, then please respond back with the Mode Number off of the back of the TV, as well as the Mode Number of the Sony DVD player and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tvs hanging on wall so cannot get model number off it, but it has 1 hdmi and
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Your reply was cutoff. Please continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

What you will want to do is simply connect a set of Red,White and Yellow AV cables from the back of the Sony DVD (if applicable) to the same colored jacks on the Viore labeled "Video 1". Then use the original Viore remote, or a button on the set itself labeled Input, or Source to select Video 1.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.