Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

TV will not turn on or off even with manual on off switch on

Customer Question

TV will not turn on or off even with manual on off switch on back of set. Blue light over sound bar is on. The gree light in right corner is blinking very fast.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Mitsubishi 47 inch. Not sure of exact make. Model number 46265.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cannot get screen to come on to see the menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just turned set on and it would not come on and the set started blinking 5 year old set
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ever since we owned the set every so often there would be a loud pop and the set would have to be reset using the on/off switch on back of unit.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here ,I will need the full model number please its found on the back of the set, I think you have missed two letters off

Anthony

There is no need to open a new question thank you, ***** ***** back below thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No other numbers. Set manufactured Sept 2010

You gave it in that other question you opened LT

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the set itself?

So not the sound bar just the TV thanks

I do not use the phone call service facilty please just reply back as text thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you have what you need?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The blue light in the middle of the bottom of the set is on just like usual. The small green light in right corner is blinking very fast.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only way to turn off the set is to pull the power cord in back

OK you have a problem with the main-board, it will likely need to be replaced is this something you would consider doing your self?I will provide all the relevant info to do that please let me know.

Outside of that you would need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

I am sorry this is not something easier however its a plug in board and not that hard to replace

Let me know

Please I would be most grateful if you would consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
provide the information. How much is the main board?

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

The reason why the part-number must be used is because there may be different part-numbers in the same model that are not interchangeable (upto 5 different types) so that is why you must use it from the original board.

Cost of board around $100.

Let me know if you need more help now or anytime in 30 days

Regards

Anthony

Do you need anymore help please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got it. Now the decision is a new tv or try and fix this one. I guess $100 beats $600 for a new one. Thanks for your help
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this a problematic tv? Do you get a lot oservice on 6 year old Mitsubishis?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
alot of service problems?

Hello

Modern TV s are problematic anyhow they can fail at the drop of a hat its just the way it is ,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will proceed with repair. Thay is all. Thank you.

If you do not understand how the rating system works I would be grateful if you would read this thank you>>I am an independent technician (verified by justanswer) using this convenient site like you are, that gives up my own time to help people such as yourself with their TV and electronic product, now i supply info and that info either helps to fix or draws a conclusion in either situation a technician to do this with you face to face will charge in excess of $100 (plus any repair work), so this is a big saving to yourself however site rules means I do not receive anything until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then click submit, hopefully the explanation makes this clearer thank you ,note if you want to come back to the question you can any time for 30 days, thank you

Anthony