Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I am having trouble with my mx-450 remote. All of a sudden

Customer Question

I am having trouble with my mx-450 remote. All of a sudden my TV input not working. I have direct TV and receiver system.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 65 inch LG smart TV. About 2 yrs old. I can't see model number since its installed on wall.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes it works. My direct TV receiver comes on as well as receiver. I am getting sound but no picture. Problem started yesterday. Had everything installed over one week ago. I am getting message saying no signal for current input device.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: One day. Everything working fine before that. Started getting input message yesterday evening.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That all the info I have.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This is a simple-enough problem. You will need to re-select the Input Source for the TV... if it isn't that the source of your TV input is gone-dead or not longer delivering signal.

What source for your TV have you been using?

If you know how to select the right source, try going to the TV's MENU, then to

Input Source

Select Input

or similarly, and choose the right input - HDMI port, or cable input, or whatever it is that your Direct TV box uses to get DirectTV service in to your TV.

If your DirectTV service itself seems to be 'out', despite having been properly selected on the TV, you will have to call DirectTV about it.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I've tried selecting input source. None of the input sources seem to be working. I am getting audio on my speakers but no sound.

OK. How does the DirectTV input go into your TV? check to make sure the connection is tight.

Then check your DirectTV box: are its lights/status normal? Try unplugging the DirectTV box from the power, for 10 minutes. Then plug it in to power again, see if it comes up with normal status lights indicting normal status, then try selecting the Input Source again on the TV's MENUs, to see if the DirectTV signal is present.

After that if all fails, call DirectTV, ask them about your service status, etc.