Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My ps4 screen is blank when my direct tv hdmi cable is

Customer Question

my ps4 screen is blank when my direct tv hdmi cable is plugged in
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 years old its a 70 inch sharp tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: let me check model
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: when I first boughtmy ps4 2 weeks ago tried changing hdmi ports already no change. my wii and vcr still work fine just direct tv and ps4 aren't working at same time when plugged in
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: model is lo-7ole735u
Category: TV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
tv menu works fine on all inputs same problem with just direct tv and ps4 hdmi cable plugged in at same time Nintendo wii and bluray player plugged in and no problems
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry you are having problems here so when you have the PS4 in and directtv in at the same time PS4 wont work you take out the directtv hdmi cable all is good is that correct?

I do not use the phone call facility sorry however it may go to the board were another tech may pick up on it, please continue to text below

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
k not a fast typist

Neither am I take your time I will need time anyhow to investigate what the prob is, so can you please confirm what I wrote above?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok

so when you have the PS4 in and directtv in at the same time PS4 wont work you take out the directtv hdmi cable all is good is that correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can use dirct tv when ps4 is unplugged and vice versa

OK follow this procedure, disconnect the TV and the satellite\cable box from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug everything back in and try the PS4 again if its the same you may need to reset to factory or shipping default the TV in the settings menu of the Tv

Let me know how this works out to begin with

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its the hdmi cable not the wall plug in and I already tried that. I looked on youtube for trouble shooting but none of them had same problem. But I have arady unplugged everything then plugged it back in
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
already not arady

Have you reset the TV to factory default?have you replaced the HDMI leads?this must be done it turn to eliminate although replace leads first

I am looking for a workaround here to prevent you replacing a board....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I set tv to default settings
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
don't know what u mean about hdmi cable leads

The leads that go from the TV to the box and from the PS4 to the box these are HDMI leads

We have much trouble with HDMI leads

HDMI cables then same thing

Have you replaced those?make sure if you do its a modern HDMI leads not over a year old

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried changing hdmi cables with a new one that worked and no change

Is the TV connected to the internet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can here audio just no video since beginning yes wirless internet

It would have helped if you had indicated all this in your opening question, OK if its connected to the internet then the firmware is upto date that means your left with one avenue replace the main-board inside the set>>

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

The reason why the part-number must be used is because there may be different part-numbers in the same model that are not interchangeable (upto 5 different types) so that is why you must use it from the original board.

Let me know if you need more help

Please I would be most grateful if you would consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still there?

Yes I have replied above?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
npt going to mess with control board was hoping might be an easy fix
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
guess I will just change them out when want to use one or the other

I understand I would not either somehow there is bleed from the directtv and its wiping out the video from the PS4, if you have covered all the steps above then it just leaves the board

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what does bleed mean?

What you can do to save you disconnecting the directv lead is to use a hdmi switching box you then switch a switch on the box

Bleed means the signal from the box is "bleeding" into the signal from the PS4 when they should be isolated from one another

The other angle is the box could be causing this too

Assuming you have replaced all HDMI cables

Far more likely to be mainboard in TV though, however it wont cost anything to have the box swapped

If you do not understand how the rating system works I would be grateful if you would read this thank you>>I am an independent technician (verified by justanswer) using this convenient site like you are, that gives up my own time to help people such as yourself with their TV and electronic product, now i supply info and that info either helps to fix or draws a conclusion in either situation a technician to do this with you face to face will charge in excess of $100 (plus any repair work), so this is a big saving to yourself however site rules means I do not receive anything until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then click submit, hopefully the explanation makes this clearer thank you ,note if you want to come back to the question you can any time for 30 days

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
might try the switch box not really a big deal I guess takes 30 sec to a minute to switch between ps4 and direct TV
just know I shouldn't have to unplug the direct tv to play ps4
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks for help
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
for information on cause

Your welcome

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
bye

You should get a switching box though in case you damage the TV by this issue

Anthony

Do you need more help please??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That was only issue u know price on switch boxes?

Can I please ask you why you have not rated the answer positively considering I have supplied you with endless info?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tried to page froz e

The question will not close it will remain open for 30 days

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Using phone right now sometimes my internet connection is cut off erly morning like now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will try later today when not shutting on and off

OK look forward to that I have some other info too before you get involved with the box thanks have a great day