Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

IT WILL NOT TURN ON. IT'S A SAMSUNG CURVED 3D 48INCH -

Customer Question

IT WILL NOT TURN ON.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: IT'S A SAMSUNG CURVED 3D 48INCH - UN48H800AF. THE FIRST DAY I HAD IT WORKED FINE. THE SECOND DAY IT WAS DEAD.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NOTHING WORKS. THE SCREEN IS BLACK AND THERE ARE NO LIGHTS OF ANY KIND.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: THIS BECAME AN ISSUE THE SECOND TIME I TURNED IT ON. I GOT THIS TV LATE JULY OR SOMETIME IN AUGUST. IT WAS A FLOOR MODEL AT A GOOD PRICE. I HAD 14 DAYS TO RETURN IT, BUT I WAS GIVEN THE RUN AROUND ABOUT HOW THEY (SAMSUNG) WAS GOING TO SEND OUT A TECH TO DO REPAIRS. 14 DAYS WENT BYE, AND NOTHING HAPPENED.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ONLY THAT THERE IS NO RED LIGHT TO INDICATE POWER.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST TAKE THIS PIECE OF JUNK TO TV REPAIR SHOP. I AM NOT INTERESTED IS ANY FREE TRIAL. CANCEL EVERYTHING, AND THANK YOU.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, good luck~

Please contact customer service for any billing issue as I ave no control over such matters.

Thanks.