Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My panasonic th-50pe8u has no picture or sound and none of

Customer Question

my panasonic th-50pe8u has no picture or sound and none of the buttons work.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: TH-50PE8U that was bought in 2008
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu does not work. same issue on all sources & inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 27 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Does the light blink at the front ?

Expert:  Jack replied 27 days ago.

If so then it should be giving out an error code .

For example 7 blinks /pause/7 blinks and so on , could you count the number of blinks on yours ?

Expert:  Jack replied 27 days ago.

In any case no matter which part of the tv failed this will need repair and adjustments

I`m afraid that those plasma tv are not what you call user friendly when it comes to repair and you would need some help from a local tech. on this one and that to have this repaired at home , depending on the parts required , could cost you around $300 at best.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 8 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you