Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a lg tv model 47ln5750 black screen with sound able

Customer Question

Hi I have a lg tv model 47ln5750 black screen with sound able to see with a flash light but I wonder what could it be wrong with it
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here, as a test if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Those 26 are on topen of the 23dollars
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let's just co continue with the answers hopefully you will be able to help me on this LG TV to tell him what's wrong with it with black screen and sound only

Firstly any offers you see like phone calls etc are not sent by me I do not use the phone service anyhow, the $26 I know nothing about i am using the site like you are, but if you have questions on that you will need to email***@******.***

If you like I will inform admin at the end of our session of your concerns and they will sort this out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well then we continue to see if we can have my TV fix I will preciate if you can help me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can we continue with your help
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hello , i`m Jack , different tech. , Anthony had to step out but i will be happy to help you with this common problem

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay well can you tell me what could be wrong with the TV it's an LG 47 ln57 5-0 black screen only sound
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

If you turn the tv off and on again repeatedly , do you get that brief screen with the logo indefinitely /every times ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jack are you still there?
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

You need to scroll down the page or refresh it

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay what kind of game is this
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

It doesn`t auto scroll down to the last line on your end for some reason so make sure you are at the bottom of the page

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

I`m here !!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok what can you do to help me with this LG TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

O.k , stay with me now and give me a few minutes so I will give you the details

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with the LN serie of LG tv`s .
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in LG

Here is a link where you can get what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6916l-1174a-6916l-1175a-6916l-1176a-6916l-1177a-led-strips-12-strips.htm

But i must say that this is not exactly an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits , here is a video that shows you how its done ,that video is at the link above as well ,this will give you an idea if you want to tackle this;

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is related to the question that you ask me the logo yes it comes on every time the TV gets turned off but only for half a second or less
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Thats exactly the diagnostic and solution i gave you

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

This is a VERY common problem for those LG and i know FOR CERTAIN that my diagnostic is correct

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Any other questions on this ?