Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Sharp aquos turns on, can see pic for about 1 second, then

Customer Question

Sharp aquos turns on, can see pic for about 1 second, then goes black. Can't bring up menu, input, etc...just black
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 1/2 years..Model LC-70LE660U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Can't see the menu. literally turns on for 1 second, can see pic, but then goes black. No idea what input it's on because I can't see it. I disconnected everything but the power cord, still same thing.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 3 months, just getting a chance to putz with it. Nothing that I know was off, went to turn it on & this happened
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

- Do you keep getting program sound from TV internal speakers?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The sound did work, but I unplugged everything but the power cord, still same problem. It will turn on with picture of menu, then go to black screen after about 1 second. Power stays on, but black
Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

OK, please unplug TV power cord form 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check.

TV should show menu screen all the time even if no video source is connected.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Unplugged, plugged back in, same thing. Menu shows up for 1 second, then goes to black screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

OK, does the power light on TV blink when screen becomes dark?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
no, stays solid
Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

Please shine a good flashlight on screen while TV power is On, press menu or volume button, do you see faint/ dim image of menu/ volume graphics on screen with help of flashlight?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I shut all lights, room was completely dark, I cannot see any faint images with a flashlight after it flickers off, just black
Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

OK, it seems firmware issue as TV has self diagnostic feature that can detect several hardware related problem and power light will start flashing in specific times. Since power light stays solid that means it would be TV firmware issue and I would recommend to update TV firmware (internal software) by going to following Sharp link, firmware update file and instructions pdf file would be available under Download button..

If problem still persist then it would be main board internal issue (beyond the self diagnostic limits) and main board replacement will resolve the problem. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
When I insert the USB device, I can't see the menu on the screen, therefore I can't manually update it. Is there another way to do this?
Expert:  Shahid replied 22 days ago.

Yes, unplug TV power cord from wall outlet, connect USB device in TV, replug TV power cord back in and turn it On. TV will check USB input by default and firmware update should start automatically if firmware file is copied on USB as per Sharp instructions.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, the firmware update didn't work, do you have suggestions on where to order the main board from? Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 days ago.

Sorry to hear that, main board part number is ***** or some thing similar written on sticker pasted on main board of TV, please note that partial part number such as G460FM02 would be written on that sticker so you would need to add DKEYM in that part number and search/ google it to get list of suppliers and choose best price to order it.

I found following supplier for above part number main board..

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.