Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Power light flashes 2time slow and 5time fast no pitcur on

Customer Question

Power light flashes 2time slow and 5time fast no pitcur on screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Lc 70le857u sharp
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just now
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

That blinking error code indicates a hardware failure in the TV - it is a tech code pointing to a failure with the Power Supply internal to the TV - which in most cases requires repairs be made to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me here? Are you able to get any response at all from the set (screen flashes, anything displays, etc.)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After 2try I'm getting same code
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

No thank you on the phone call, I am not available by phone as I indicated in the beginning of the question. I'm sorry to hear that and this does indicate a hardware failure in the set. In most cases the power supply board has failed and is causing the set to stay shut down with the blink code, or the LCD controller, or even the panel itself has failed. This requires diagnostics to be done at a Sharp repair center, and then the offending board be replaced. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $250-$300 range (unless the panel itself is faulty), and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The only other thing on a user level you can try is to leave the set unplugged for a length of time in the hopes that the processor resets, but this is rare that it will help and more often than not this does require repairs be made to the set. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?