Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Samsung t v - recently started a delay picture. Used to be

Customer Question

Samsung t v - recently started a delay picture. Used to be immediate, recently up to 3 min for the picture to appear. Cable is immediate, no delay.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 26 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , i will be helping you today , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 26 days ago.

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?

Expert:  Jack replied 26 days ago.

O.k then this is a typical case of weak/vented capacitors on the power supply circuit.

It takes longer now but at some point it wont turn on anymore so unless you get it repaired soon I would leave it on 24/7

This was common for this serie of samsung and up to 2012 samsung would repair them free of charge .

Yours has been pretty good if it has never been repaired for this problem .

If you are handy with a solder iron there are capacitors kits that sell for some $20 for this board but the easiest would be to replace that board completely if you are into this .

This is the capacitor kit ;

This is the board ;

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 6 or 7 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you