Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Television want come on. I have checked all the connections

Customer Question

television want come on. I have checked all the connections and it will come on briefly then turns off again. I get the message make sure the HDMI cable is connected to an HDCP capable device. I dont know what those are.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It is a Vizio bought last december. Dont know model number. I have checked all the connections , turn it off.It will come on briefley and then goes back off.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has happened a few times in the past but I was able to fix it by checking the connections. No luck today
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 24 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I have no control over the phone or other offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me
I`m an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me positively upon completion of this post .

Expert:  Jack replied 24 days ago.

Let me know when you`re ready to proceed

Expert:  Jack replied 24 days ago.

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?