Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I cannot connect with on demand I unplugged it for a few

Customer Question

I cannot connect with on demand I unplugged it for a few min. it has not come on all day
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Whom is your cable provider, and what exactly happens when you try to access On Demand please?

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Comcast when I try to access on demand a box comes up saying cannot connect give it a few minutes and try again,
duea not come on.
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for the reply. Taking a look at this now.

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

The cause of this issue is either one of two things:

A) A loose, or intermittent coaxial connection from the wall to the box (there is an RF fitting at the wall jack and also one on the box itself).

B) Comcast needs to send a fresh signal to the box which essentially reboots it's software and can cure this glitch.

So if you're comfortable removing, checking and then reconnecting the RF (coaxial) fittings at both the wall output and also the back of the Comcast box - that is the first step you should try.

Make sure you do this with the Comcast box unplugged from wall power (remove the AC cord). Then once the connections are reconnected, plug the box back in and wait for it to reboot.

Once rebooted try to access On Demand again, and if you're still having the same problem, then you would need to contact Comcast and have them refresh the signal, or in the worst case scenario - replace their box (as it would indicate a fault in the box itself).

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Please read my reply to see the answer.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.