Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why do my TV lamp light comes on and turn my TV off after I

Customer Question

why do my TV lamp light comes on and turn my TV off after I hit power on
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

This usually happens when it's time to replace your Lamp. However there isn't much info posted in this question. To give you a more definitive answer, I need the following info:

1) What's the full model number off of the back of the Mits?

2) When was the last time the Lamp was replaced?

3) When you say "Lamp light comes on", are you saying the RED Lamp LED on the front of the TV? Or it's actual internal lamp comes on and goes out?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please do not post duplicate questions. If you would like help, I am here and awaiting your response.

Again, this usually happens when it's time to replace your Lamp. However there isn't much info posted in this question. To give you a more definitive answer, I need the following info:

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
First of all, the Model # is WD-62527 and secondly yes I am refering to the lamp light on the front of the TV when I say lame light .
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the reply, and what you need to do is purchase and replace the Lamp in your TV to fix the issue. The set uses a replaceable Lamp that is only designed to last between 4-6 years in most cases. The correct lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs_wd62527.html

Instructions for replacing the lamp are in your owner's manual. If you're unable to locate that let me know and I will hunt for a source for the manual for your set:

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.