Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

The screen is black now and flashes 5 times fast and slow

Customer Question

the screen is black now and flashes 5 times fast and slow two time last tech here told me to reset it but it is still happening screen goes half dark and then all dark and starts to flash
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 1.4 years old and is a 70 inch Aquos 4G
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: did not check source inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the colors would get all scrambled and pinkish looking and not clear been happening on and off for year now just after waranty ended
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: was told this could be back light board problem
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 22 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

That reset was the VOL DOWN and INPUT while you plug in the power cord I would guess ?

Expert:  Jack replied 22 days ago.

In any case ,sorry to say but that half dark screen and colors getting scrambled and pinkish all point to a defective lcd panel .

What you have is actually a code 25 , (the slow blinks are put in front then add the fast blinks ) which also points to a defective lcd panel .

And yes it will reset it temporarily but does not fix the problem and at some point that reset wont work any longer .

Let me know if you have questions and i wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note the fact that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and rating below O.K service would only penalize me for that fact.

You don`t happen to have an extended warranty do you ?

If not then I`m sorry to say but this is it for this tv .