Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Need help in pairing tv with audio equipment

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- Could you please get me the model number of TV and audio device in question?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
TV model # kdl60r510a. Pioneer model # vxf42
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the info, what other video sources/ devices are connected to TV such as cable box, DVD player etc?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Also can you recheck Pioneer model number?

VXF42 seems incorrect.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cable box DVDs speakers and that's it
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Can you recheck Pioneer model number?

VXF42 seems incorrect.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sure
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the only model number I could find....
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry, VXF42 is not recognized as Pioneer AV receiver/ sound system.

However, does the Pioneer has HDMI Out with ARC mark/ label OR Optical Input port as the TV has only two options to connect external sound system. Either connect the sound system into HDMI 1 input that has ARC label as well (same ARC label must be available on sound system) or connect optical cable in Digital Audio Out port at back of TV and plug it into Optical Input of sound system, select optical input in sound system to get TV sound.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok that is complete...now I need the information on pairing the 2 remotes..or the set-up..
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

What is the model number of those remotes and on what device you need to pair them with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sony 8307. Chs. 2-2. And xfinity. Xr11 V3-iTunes. Need to have the tv and receiver in sink with each other...right now I do not have anything that works....BEST BUY set up the system about 6 months ago...it has worked well until now..One of the grand kids must have messed up the remotes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Xfinity remote can control all these things, you would need to connect the remote computer, run the Xfinity software and program it for Sony TV, Pioneer sound system by giving correct model number of devices. I'm afraid I can't help you more for it besides the suggestions from here.

Thanks.