Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 40 inch Curtis TV that the blue light comes on but

Customer Question

I have a 40 inch Curtis TV that the blue light comes on but no pic or sound?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It's 2 years old and the model # Is LCD4015A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing is working
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was watching TV this morning and it just went black
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here you are now engaged with a technician my name is ***** ***** to clarify what you have just been asked, if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up or not please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The tv is completely black nothing comes up

OK that is odd considering the set is in the ON mode, I understand there is no sound either and the screen is completely black you cant see any feint light on the screen?

If that is the case do this get a flashlight and shine the light onto the display at a 45 degree angle .pick up the TV remote continually press the menu button can you see a piece of the menu where the light strikes the screen?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing at all

Even with the flashlight check.....OK

OK there is a hardware problem with the set that is likely to be back-lights or maybe a mainboard issue, in either case a board will need to be replaced here, now because of this odd situation checks with a meter will also be needed to eliminate one board from the other, if this is within your scope I will be happy to help you with the work, if not you will need a tech here www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

I am sorry this is nothing easier if you need further clarification or any more information please let me know

I would be most grateful if you would rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page so the site can credit me here today thank you, ***** ***** this will NOT close the question it remains open for 30 days.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this TV done?

I am sorry I don't understand ?have you read my reply above?

If you mean is the set none repairable no it cn be fixed but will need the points I outlined above carried out

I can help you with the work if you think you are capable to do this, the only awkward point is that a meter (volt-ohm) will need to be used in this case, then a board is ordered and fitted in the set again under my guidance and on going support

It is not everyone's scope I do understand this

Anthony

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony