Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My cat ran into my 58 inch LED screen and caused a colored

Customer Question

my cat ran into my 58 inch LED screen and caused a colored lines vertical and horizontal, how can I fix that?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: D5u-D3
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a couple of weeks, everything was fine before
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: does the warranty cover that?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

The LCD panel is damaged to get right to the point here, the panel makes up two thirds the cost of the set so its not an option to replace it, the manufacturers warranty will not cover you for this I am afraid, however if you have store cover it may or insurance cover it may cover you for accidental damage to the set.I am sorry for dismal news here.

If you need more help please let me know, this is no consolation but this issue is a very common one.

The set may have some value with the boards your local repairer may offer you money for it or you could put it on ebay as a damaged screen.

I know its bad news here however if I am to be credited by the site I will need you to rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars will enable the site to do that thank you.

Regards

Anthony

If you want any more help here please let me know, sorry for this disappointing outcome

Anthony

Sorry to bother you here but I see you still have not rated the answer positively, if you need more help please let me know otherwise could you please take a few moments to rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, the site will then credit me thank you

Regards

Anthony