Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Will my old panasonic th-42pd25 plasma support a 4.0 HDMI???

Customer Question

will my old panasonic th-42pd25 plasma support a 4.0 HDMI???
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: have not putting it up on the wall with 5.1 surround sound with the myriad of HDMI cables choclate cinnamon 1.0 to 4.1a e.g and all type of prices which hdmi cable should I purchase for a 10 meter run
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: dont have a problem yet trying to determine the right HDMI cable to use?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ready
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am ready to proceed
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Give me a minute please was waiting for you earlier

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is not that difficult ......my question is really quite simple for an "expert" please help me
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Its not difficult I just need time to type and every times you send me a reply I have to start over

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i dont want to switch to live talk...
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hello , I`ll start by saying that the highest hdmi standard now is 2.0 but in any case they are all downward compatible and you don't have to worry about which standard to buy .

What you are looking for mainly is a good quality cable and the one at the link below would do just fine , take a look ;https://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-High-Speed-Cable-wall/dp/B005LJQM3Y/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_img_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3F256GK1Q77JW84CMNDD

By the way if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me , just ignore it

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

I meant that for your older tv all standards will do so don't worry about that

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have a panasonic TH-42PD25 plasma my question was what type of HDMI should I use for that particular TV I did not request a website to go look on.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then I thought I was being helpful by showing you a good buy but then as I said , for this tv , ANY HDMI will do

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Its not like its a new 4K tv

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
in goes up to 4.0 now so are you suggesting that 2.0 is high enough.....but as I upgrade TV what is the highest that my plasma will operate wih now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will my plasma work with a 4.0???
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Anything in the 1080p range

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i guess the best thing to do is call Panasonic ..... they will know the exact answer to my questions
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

It doesn`t matter the cable , its the signal that makes it compatible or not ,

You cant drive a 4k signal in this that that is for sure and that was not a question when I said Anything in the 1080p range , that was a statement

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks jack Im out
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

By the way , you mean HDMI 4K not 4.0 that doesn`t exist , the highest is 2.0 unless they jumped from 1.4 to 4