Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Samsung 60" smart 3D TV is dimming after it's on for a

Customer Question

My Samsung 60" smart 3D TV is dimming after it's on for a few minutes & becomes very dark.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's about 2 yrs old. It's on our bedroom so we only watch it in the AM & PM. It's been unplugged for 2 months because we moved,
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We can try, haven't tried the other inputs, but we have 4 other TV's in the house on Comcast cable with no problems,
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We just moved & the TV was in boxed in storage with our movers. We have new cable hookup but with the same company.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I need to ask for some more info to assist you.

1) Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the Samsung?

2) When the scree goes dark, if you press MENU using the original Samsung remote, does the MENU also appear dark (we use the MENU test to determine if this is an internal TV issue occurring)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you having issues preventing you from replying?