Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a 65 inch hdtv with smart hub. about a week ago started

Customer Question

have a 65 inch hdtv with smart hub. about a week ago started having problems with sound volumn. increasing delay. not both remotes wont work along with the cable remote. cant adjust volumn, turn tv on or off, cant get to smart hub, no buttons work on any remote. thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?
Customer: un65hu8660f samsung
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: sorry un65hu8550fxaz version ts02
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: start about a week ago with volumn control. adjust volumn and long delay. got worst until today everything quit working on all remotes
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , i will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

From what you described this is certainly a main board issue but it could be software related vs hardware and it is possible that a firmware upgrade may clear this problem.

Click n this link and you will see the firmware upgrade ;http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN65HU8550FXZA

Scroll down to " manuals and downloads" and below the upgrade file that you will download click on " see more " and the instruction file will be there as well .

You will need a USB key for the upgrade by the way as you will see in the instructions file .

Le me know how that goes but if that doesn`t do it then you are looking at a main board replacement , this is not just some adjust ,configuration or wiring , there is a problem with that board and the firmware is the last ditch attempt

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

If it comes down to that board and you are into DIY repair then you can buy it at the link below;

http://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN94-07937H.html

That is the best deal you will find , Samsung sells it for $325

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $400 to $450 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you