Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

After moving, I didn't try my Akai flat screen TV with

Customer Question

After moving, I didn't try my Akai flat screen TV with dvd/video for several months.((SN:60850470).
Now when I turn it on the tiny red light turns on and nothing happens.
Carolyn(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Carolyn have you tried a reboot?unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins replu back in again?if not please do that and let me know the results thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Anthony. Rebooting did not help. Only a faint shrill sound comes on for a few seconds when the power button is pressed.

Carolyn you can't switch it on by the manual controls on the set itself either?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The manual controls don't work either.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I also changed the batteries in the remote control.

Carolyn can you get me the model number of the set (not the serial number which is different)it will be on the back of the set

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model No. LCT3201AD

Carolyn the way it is you have a bad problem with that unit that will not be economical for a technician to get involved with because of costs now if you\someone you know wish to do work yourself let me know but again costs could be critical here as you may need to replace the main-board inside the unit, you may be aware these units are not manufactured anymore because DVD is considered a older technology format.

Let me know if you need more help, I am sorry this is not something easier

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page) 3 to 5 stars please thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there, Anthony???

Carolyn I have replied above??

Its all above 4 mins after your last response a few hours ago? can you let me know what makes you think I never replied thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I apologize, Anthony. I was not alerted to your reply. I tried a few times to check on your response but it did not show up until now.

OK that is a site problem then, my apologies maybe its why we sometimes have questions stuck here for ages, anyhow that is about the size of it let me know if I can help you at all.....

I am only credited by the site when you rate me positively thank you

Anthony