Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

When I click on the button the light comes on and in about

Customer Question

When I click on the button the green light comes on and in about 10 to 15 seconds lter goes off.No sound or picture.It is in a guest room and has seldom been watched.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: The TV is approximately 4 or 5 years old and watched only a few hours.The model number is ***** had it so when company came they could watch it but it was seldom used.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I don't know if they work or not as it doesn't stay on long enough to see.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I turned it on yesterday and found that it did not work. Nothing happened before we turned it on.The last time it was played was about 3 mo.ago and and was watched for 30 min.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK Thank you.It is a Sanyo...The model # is DP 26648
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

This tv is at least 8 years old and right now it suffers from a lack of use , namely weak /vented or dried up capacitors that don`t like to be left unused/discharged for extended period .

You may be able to revive it by trying numerous time to turn it on then unplug 10 secs and try it again and so on for up to 10/15 times and if it does then leave it on for at least a day and then afterwards run it at least once a week

The real way to do this would be to either repair or replace the power supply but for a tv this size I`m not sure it would be worth it

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

The power board for this tv sells for $34 at the link below;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

Otherwise a repair shop would cost you approx. the same as a new tv

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the number to call and cancel the membership?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Thank you !