Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Tv does not power on, I sent a message got no reply,

Customer Question

tv does not power on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I sent a message got no reply
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: SLED2490a/ 2years
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: about 6 months / used to push button a few times it would come on then it got to where to unplug it than plug it back in it would come on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Just looked up the parts on this tv and no need to determine if the power board or main board would be the culprit , they both on the same board .

From your description this is a typical case of weak/vented capacitors in the power circuit and the easy way to repair this yourself would be to replace that board , here is a new one on ebay ,click this link ;

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired in a shop could cost you the same as a new one .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you