Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Screen says check the cable connections and the settings on

Customer Question

screen says check the cable connections and the settings on your device. Using a hp laptop and samsung 32 inch seperate tv screen. It worked earlier.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: a couple of months. It works on my other computer and had worked yesterday on the new computer
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes menu come up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: screen blinked on computer and tv and i could not get it anymore
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: when trying to set up multi screen in computer, it does not see tv screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I need to know the following to help you:

1) What's the model number off the back of the Samsung?

2) What type of cable is being used to connect the HP laptop to the Samsung (VGA or HDMI or some sort of converter)?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please review my reply, and simply send one back if you need help with the question you posted.