Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Can't get remote to pair with smart tv -UN55JU6500, SAMSUNG

Customer Question

can't get remote to pair with smart tv -UN55JU6500
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: SAMSUNG UN55JU6500 IT IS THE REMOTE WITH TV CAN NOT EVEN CHANGE CHANNEL WITH IT
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: YES MENU WORKKS BUTH NO REMOTE CONTROL UNDER SYSTEM
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: NO HASN'T WORKED SINCE BOUGHT
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand, if you're using any sort of a Cable Box with the TV, then you should know that the TV's original remote will NOT change channels because the channels are being changed by the BOX - and not your TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

That being said, please tell me EXACTLY what functions the remote will "not" control. In other words, if you can get into MENU, then that appears that the remote is working, but you mentioned "NO REMOTE CONTROL UNDER SYSTEM". What does that mean? What are you referring to when you say "System"??

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please reply back to the above and also let me know if you are using a cable/SAT "Box" specifically with the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're still here, but are you simply having problems changing channels with the Samsung remote? Does the volume, and power for the TV work just fine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cancel membership