Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a 2005 55 in Sony he rear projection tv. Worked

Customer Question

I have a 2005 55 in Sony he rear projection tv. Worked perfectly until I moved from Southern California to Northern California. It did take me 3 years and it sat in storage the three years. When I moved it here very carefully, plugged it up I didn't get a picture but a gray screen. I was able to see information from my cable provider assisting with connection but that was Akkad I was able to see. Which was white wording by the way.
Is this a possible problem with improper connection?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Can you please elaborate on whether or not the on screen info from the cable provider appears clear and normal on the screen?

Also, please grab the original Sony remote and press the HOME/MENU button, does the Sony MENU itself appear normally?

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

The info requested allows me to determine if the issue is with the cable box or the TV itself. Let me know and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Are you having website issues preventing you from replying?