Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I purchased a 40" flat screen color tv at Walmart 2-years

Customer Question

I purchased a 40" Phillips flat screen color tv at Walmart 2-years ago! I didn't get the service plan offered, and now the tv wouldn't turn on. When the on button is hit, it turns on and quickly shuts off ? My stepson looked it up on the web, and says it's the "CCFL " Cold Cathode Flourescent backlight. But the main question is, other than the offered Care Plan, is the a warranty from the manufacture for the 2-year time frame since purchase ?.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The front panel has; Phillips SRS, Dolby, HDMI, Energy Star, LED, Wi/Fi. And the date of manufactuer; Sept, 2013 J ;60hz
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started last week, and we tried the reset button on back, to no avail. Just Turns on, Full Screen and then shuts down instantly.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that it's in Great Looking Condition and worked wonderfully, till the morning it wouldn't turn on! And from the day of placement to now, has never been moved or touched, other than to lightly dust, with use of remote only. Never manualyy touched or turned on, Thank You!
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 29 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Does the tv actually turn off or just the screen goes dark ?
Also ,Can you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?