Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

TV is a Samsung HLS6188. Replaced lamp recently (2nd one

Customer Question

TV is a Samsung HLS6188. Replaced lamp recently (2nd one since I've had TV) Set turns on with pic, then shuts down. Press power, comes on again and then turns off again. The Standby/Templamp light is on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Its a Samsung 61" projection set. It doesn't have a problem turning on, but doesn't stay on for very long. Thought it was the bulb, replaced it but problem continues
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu does work. Never changed any of the source/inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure how long as tv is on a porch and does not get daily use. Not sure that anything occurred before this happened
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you saying the Standby/Temp and Lamp LED's are simply ON, or are they flashing? Also what about the Timer light, what is that doing?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just wondering if you needed assistance with the question you posted. Let me know.