Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a remote set up with a rotator for a digital/analog

Customer Question

I have a remote set up with a rotator for a digital/analog antenna. The handheld remote gave out on me the other day and now I have to chamge the channels by the up/down buttons on the remote rotetor unit itself. I have changed the batteries and to no avail. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

There are two possible causes, either remote is bad or remote sensor on box is defective.

You can verify the remote by using a digital/ cellphone camera to check the infrared signals output of remote. While looking the remote front tip where IR bulb is located, through digital/ cellphone camera, press buttons on remote. If a flashing light is visible then remote is working and problem is would be remote sensor mounted on box that will be replaced.

If no flashing light found on remote control front tip then the remote is bad and you would need to buy another remote which is available at following link..

http://www.channelmaster.com/Rotator_Replacment_Remote_Control_p/cm-4513130.htm

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.