Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Our Samsung 47 inch TV will now power on - it just clicks.

Customer Question

Our Samsung 47 inch TV will now power on - it just clicks. It is model un55b6000vf. Can we fix it? If not, how do we get it fixed. Only 6 years old and cost us over 2,000.00. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The clicking sound is a symptom of the TV's "Mainboard" failing - which is replaceable and generally a $120 part. In most cases the problem you're having DOES indeed require this part be replaced to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please review my post to your question to continue...

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you're still having the same problem then the Mainboard for your TV must be replaced. It is a "plug and play" board (meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it). If you're looking to do this yourself, then you can purchase the board at the link below for your set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-UN55B6000VF-Replacement-Main-Board-UN55B6000VFXZA-x969-/282188832530?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Alternatively, a shop will generally charge $300-$350 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We did as you suggested. The power was not restored after hard reset. It continued to click until unplugged.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I understand. Please read my other reply just above yours regarding getting this fixed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I was just following up to see what other assistance you may need with this question. You had stated that you were looking to see if you could "fix it", and also if not "how to get it fixed". I covered all of these bases in my answer, as well as provided a link to the part needed so you can save $200 by replacing the board yourself. If there was something I missed then please feel free to reply back to me here. Also if you received the information you were looking for, then please do click a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page for my efforts, as that is how I am paid for helping you.