Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

LN40A550P3F samsung TV. It had no light at all I replaced 4

Customer Question

LN40A550P3F samsung TV . It had no light at all I replaced 4 capacitors in secondary area and know the LED light is on but blinking.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Jairo, approximately how old is the TV?

How many times does the LED light blink? Is it a steady blink, or is there a pattern of blinks?

Do you have any test equipment available to carry out some checks?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The TV is 2008 old, the blinking is all the time; yes i have voltmeter.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The TV has not video either audio.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Can you test the voltage outputs from the power supply board and let me know what they are reading?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The Power supply to main Board : 510, 4.33, 3.10 and ,86 DC volts
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** am a different expert clearly you need to replace the main-board thos is a data board and is not checkable however those voltages indicate the power-board is working so replace the mainboard, you will need to retrieve the part-number from taht board and initially try or google the part-number for suppliers

If you need more help let me know.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Anthony for your help, but i can not rate you until the TV is fix it; so far the TV is not fix yet.

I understand make sure you order by part-number only for the main-board (one with all AV connectors on)

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Anthony, shop jimmy it does not have the board but they offer me to buy the kit of two IC and one sub mount capacitor, to replace it. Do you know if it is easy to replace them?
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 29 days ago.

I can't answer that because I do not know your skill level practically?some people get frightened looking at a screwdriver so I just can't answer that question, what you will need to be able to do is get the board out and solder the devices onto the board, if you do not know how to solder you may need to get someone who can OR follow any youtube videos on soldering....

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you Anthony for your advise ; I bought the board and i will get it by Monday.
Anthony can you tell me how many volts the bridge rectifier suppose to has?
Anthony do not worry about rate, that will do when is done.
Thank you
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 28 days ago.

I don't understand why you want to know that you need to understand how a bridge rectifier works before wanting to know that but there should be in excess of 200vdc then this voltage is upped again by a reservoir capacitor and then smoothed by smoothing capacitors, it is strange how a bridge rectifier is still used today but there really is no other way fro the hard ac input

Let me know if you need more help

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you Anthony. If i call you I have to pay $ 26.00 dollars extra more.

No please I do not use the phone facility myself and yes it will cost more

I am not sending those messages the site is please just ignore those

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Anthony, i replaced the main board but still it does not help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Please reply back if you still need assistance with this TV question.