Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How can I get my Vizio model D43-C1 to go into 120Hz mode?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

You don't actually set or force the Vizio to go to 120 hz mode, the set refreshes whatever signal is sent to it 120 times per second (120 hz). The resolution you see on your screen is directly dependent on the "Source" (meaning the cable/SAT box, DVD player, etc.).

That said, what exactly is the problem you're having right now?

Also what source are you playing on the TV where you're having the problem (for example: cable box connected to the TV via HDMI, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

In other words your TV is always in 120 hz mode, so if you're having picture issues, then it's your "Source" causing the problem, not your TV. Please reply back with details so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I bought this tv expecting to see more lifelike resolution only to not see any difference from prior tv. I have DIRECTV hd service and still don't see what I want. I guess I am overall not satisfied with the help.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If you're saying you're unsatisfied with my help and this is your first reply with any specific information then I will opt out. If you're saying you're unhappy with the picture, then let me know the model of the DirecTv box and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

You're only going to see the resolution the DirecTv box sends the TV, and the best would be a DirecTv HD box connected to the TV using HDMI, with varied quality from channel to channel. The resolution is set by the DirecTv box. In order to help further, I need the specifics of that box since the issue is not your TV. Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think you can help me any further. Your answer didn't help. Please direct me to how I can get my payment returned.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the DIRECTV box hooked to the HDMI port
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want anymore responses. I just want the payment returned to my card.