Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a th-65pz750u plasma tv that sporadically has an

Customer Question

I have a th-65pz750u plasma tv that sporadically has an approx. 2" x 16" black bar the extends from the top of the screen downwards just right of center the obscures the picture. can this be repaired
JA: Just to clarify, what's the plasma television's exact make and model?
Customer: Panasonic th-65pz750u
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it occurs on all channels and recorded programs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about two weeks. no prior problems
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: wall mounted and very heavy
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Can you please tell me if that bar is present on all sources and inputs (meaning if something else besides the Cable Box input displays this bar)?

Also can you tell me the rough age of the set please?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Are you having website issues preventing you from replying?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

This problem can happen due to several things. The power supply is a common cause of this problem. This typically will cost you $250-$300 to have repaired.
The other very common issues, are problems with the Sustain boards failing. They are responsible processing the Plasma display and are common failures for this type of TV. The average cost for this type of repair is around $400 parts and labor.
Given that a brand new 50" LED TV can be purchased for about the same cost as repairing this set, it may make more sense to put that same money towards replacement of the set- versus repairs.
However if you would like to inquire about repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:
http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.