Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My parents just bought a vizio E50u-D2. Sometimes when they

Customer Question

My parents just bought a vizio E50u-D2. Sometimes when they are watching it the TV's screen goes fuzzy by it self. I call it ant races. It's the white and black fuzzies. But then come back on my it self after a few minutes. How can stop this from happening?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Be with you in a minute

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for waiting

When this happens , if you open the tv`s own menu ,is it also affected or shows up clear ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything is clear for the most part.really good picture. But sometimes in the middle of watching something it will just go fuzzy with no picture for a min or 2. Then come back on by itself. So when the screen is on, yes you can open the menu.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

I meant while this happens , if you press the menu button , does it show up ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh. Sorry. I'm not sure. I'll have to wait until it does it again to see.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

In any case , how long since you bought this tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bought it 3 days ago. And only a digital cable box.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hamilton connections
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

O.k then 3 days ago means that you dont even have to contact vizio for a warranty claim , you can just return it to the store for exchange or refund NOT a repair.

Now it is possible the cable box is the culprit but this sounds strangely like a lcd panel problem

If possible try connecting something else like a dvd to see if this will happen there as well or even a small antenna for local stations.

Do this before the months end otherwise you will have to go through vizio for a warranty claim

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that