Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Samsung smart TV and it will not pick up the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung smart TV and it will not pick up the wireless Internet so I hooked up an Apple TV device to it it wouldn't pick up that either so what can I do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If your TV and the Apple TV won't pickup your Wi Fi - then you have a problem with your wi fi. The TV and Apple TV box are separate devices, so you didn't have two devices fail at the same have an issue with the internet connection that feeds them both.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

So that said, how far from the TV and Apple TV is the router? What router do you have (brand and model ) and also how many other devices are connected to the router? Do the TV and Apple TV detect the router as an available connection?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No The TV does not recognize the router at all
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please reply back to the rest...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a Comcast router ps19331215
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me try again. How far is the router from the TV. Have you tried connecting the Apple TV box and does the Apple TV box detect the router? Please reply back with as much detail as possible.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The router is Comcast Home-C5E8-2.4 The TV is about 2 foot away from the extender and yes I tried the Apple box hooked up to the TV and that didn't help either
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did that answer your question
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Eric are we going to be able to continue this answer session