Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I cannot get my headphones to work so that I can watch and

Customer Question

I cannot get my headphones to work so that I can watch and listen to TV programs that my husband does not want to hear. I have plugged in my headphones tower into the red and white holes in the back of the TV but I cannot bring up the sound of the TV. All I can get is the Public Broadcasting Radio System.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: This is a brand new Samsung 5003 that our kids bought us for our birthdays and delivered to us today.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I just tried the menu function. No, it does not work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The news was on. When I pushed the menu button, it just showed news, then went to their commercial, and now the news is back on again.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The kids did also buy us a Bose sound bar that they hooked up to the TV. They worked on the TV all afternoon to install it and could not get it fixed so that I can watch with my headphones. I tried simply putting it on mute, but I cannot get the printed words to come up on the screen to watch it that way.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Could you give me the full model of the tv, please?
What headphone model are you using?