Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a dwm32h1g1 just started freeking out is there a reset,

Customer Question

have a dwm32h1g1 just started freeking out is there a reset
JA: The TV Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: do i have to pay you????
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: dwm32h1g1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes it is like buttons on the remote are just be randomly pushed batteries are out of the remote and all imputs are unplugged
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 30 min just came out of nowhere
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just if there is a reset
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

What exactly is it doing right now ?

Going on/off , changing inputs on its own , sound cutting in /out or perhaps the menu appearing at random ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is what's happening
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

All of it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yep
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Here is something for you to try first ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope still doing the same thing.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

O.k then this was pretty much the only form of reset that could be done in this case .

If you press the buttons directly on the tv , does it respond ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but still just jumping between menu source and volume
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

There is not much choice here , I mean everything is contained into the main board on this model so beside a stuck button on the control board then you have a defective main board that cost some $40 to buy .

If you are into this then I will give you a link where you can see the 3 possible version of that board .

Mind you not in stock there but useful to match yours and from there could be found with the correct part number , here is that link ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dwm32h1g1

As a last ditch attempt you could try to unplug the button board before getting into buying parts

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

The tv would still be functional through the remote and it is possible that this small board went defective

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks will do some checking
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired in a shop could end up costing more than buying a new one

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you