Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

How do I scan for channels

Customer Question

How do I scan for channels
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello Thomas,

this tv does have a built in digital atsc tuner, so it should work.

First, take the tv remote and press the SOURCE button (between volume and channels) until you get to the TV (not hdmi, etc) input mode.

Then press the MENU button

Go into the CHANNEL section of the menu (icon looks like a satellite dish, on the left side of screen)

Set the ANTENNA mode to AIR

Then choose the AUTO PROGRAM function. It will take several minutes to scan, but if you are in range of the local stations it should pick up several channels.

Exit the menu, and you can then watch tv, using the Channel button on the samsung remote.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?

Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.