Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have vizio p652ui-b2 65" ultra high def tv. there are

Customer Question

I have vizio p652ui-b2 65" ultra high def tv. there are lines that flicker throughout the screen, this happens at different times and at different spots throughout the tv. this occurs throughout all inputs and also happens on the built-in tv menu.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 22 months, p652ui-b2
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv menu works, but the lines also appear on the menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it initially was an occasional flicker, but it has gradually gotten worse
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The only possible repairable cause for these lines is a failing T-con board - this is the LCD timing controller board and processes all video before it's sent to the panel. The only other possible culprit is the LED lit LCD panel itself, and this is not repairable as it would cost as much as the TV did when new to procure and replace the panel.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

That being said, since there is no way to effectively test between the T-con and the panel, the next step is to replace the T-con board in the set and hope this is the root cause. There are no pushbutton fixes or adjustments for this, it directly indicates a fault in the LCD processing to the screen. If you are looking to repair this yourself, then the T-con board is at the link below for your set for $29:

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Alternatively a shop will charge between $175-$200 parts and labor to swap the T-con and can be located at the link below:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.