Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I about a month ago I had a picture problem with my TV. I

Customer Question

I about a month ago I had a picture problem with my TV. I contact6ed my cable co. and after doing a lot of plugging, unplugging, resetting, etc. the agent told me that it didn't appear to be a Verizon problem. He then gave me the Samsung phone number to call. about a day or two later, the picture came back..Fast forward to last week. I was watching a program and stepped out of the room and on returning, no picture. What should I do now?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: My TV is a 48" Samsung UN48EH5300FXZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't see anything on the screen when the TV is on. I can change channels and mute
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was about a week ago. Nothing happened as far as I know - I stepped into another room and when I got back there was no picture
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a set top box provided by the cable company but nothing else
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already done that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, I hope rebooted the cable box as well.

can you recheck TV model number as UN48EH5300FXZA seems incorrect and I'm having hard time to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.