Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Why does my TV keeps turning on and off? model # 42LN5700

Customer Question

Why does my TV keeps turning on and off?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model # 42LN5700 manufactured in 2013
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. Happens on all channels. Sometimes the sounds goes out too. It just went 20 minutes turning on and off , came back on for 10 minutes and started turning on and off again.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been going on for a couple of months. I don't think anything happens before it turns off.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Please try:

-unplug the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes.

-unplug any related equipment as well, like cable box, dvd player, etc

-plug them all back in and test.

If the problem continues then your tv needs diagnosis, parts and service. If you have previous electronics experience then I may be able to help you. If not I can refer you to a local repair shop.

Let me know how you want to proceed and remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. You may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page at any time. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?