Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

LOST PICTURE ON MODEL 50LN5200-UB. HAVE POWER IN, HAVE

Customer Question

LOST PICTURE ON MODEL 50LN5200-UB.
HAVE POWER IN, HAVE SOUND, NO PICTURE, NO MENU, NO INFO, NO LIGHT AT ALL ON SCREEN.
CONNECTED TO 1 COMPONENT (HD CABLE BOX) THROUGH HDMI.
THE HDMI CABLE WORKS BETWEEN CABLE BOX AND ANOTHER TV.
IT LOOKS LIKE NO POWER TO THE VIDEO SECTION OF THE TV.
WHERE IS THE FIRST PLACE TO LOOK?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

One quick thing to try is uplugging the tv power cord for 3 mintues. But 95% of the time this is failed back lights inside the tv display panel (screen). This type of repair is not done by any repair shops because it is so much labor and high risk of damaging the internal screen. However if you are really really good with tools, I may be able to direct you to some DIY videos and the parts. Otherwise this tv is not fixable.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. You may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page at any time. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Please REPLY back here.

Did you read the information I posted?

Do you need clarification?

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fine. Should I be removing the back of the TV and looking for smoke, burned fust, mouse next, etc?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

There will not be any visual signs of failure.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Go to this site:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-lc500due-sfr2-led-strips-12-strips.htm

You can buy the back light strips and watch the video showing how this repair is done. If you get stuck, you can reply back here.

Please go to the top of this page to submit a 3 to 5 rating before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mike, please stop sending text messages to my mobile. I cannot respond to these on my Tracfone, do not want to communicate by text message. Please leave your solutions on this media. /Dan
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

I have not have the ability to send you text messages. The only communications I am sending are in this chat.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Anything else you are seeing may be from the website, which I have no control over.

If you need more help regarding this repair, let me know, and if you are having issues with the rating system let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just reveived a call from my card company to verify the purchase. I do not know what is out of kelter here but will suspend this for now. Please stop sending text messages to my cell phone. I cannot 'tap here'.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Log in to this page using a computer at any time to submit a rating.

Or simply type something like:

"Thank you for your helpful answer"

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please stop sending messages to my mobile phone.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

It aint me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I watched the video on LED replacement. However, nothing we discussed points to that as a solution. Where is the likely area for loss of the entire display? Knowing the function of the individual pc boards might point to likely sources of this failure. I'm not up on that but had hoped for some direction. More than likely a connection or one of the pc boards konked out.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

This is NOT a failed board in the tv or a loose connection.

One or more of the LED strips inside the panel has FAILED and it must be replaced.

Repair shops do not perform this operation, so your only hope is to DIY.

That means taking the whole back off the tv, removing all the boards, then prying apart the display panel to access/replace the LED strips.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?