Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 55inch 1 year old picture went out but have sound the

Customer Question

my 55inch 1 year old picture went out but have sound the little red light in the corner was blinking is it a led bulb problem?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: and what does it cost to fix it can you guys come to the house
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the TV Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: s#55g144904h00474 model#ns55d420na16
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i get nothing but sound no pic its a same i paid 500.00 and it only lasted a year
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it never happened just make a noise and went blank
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: does the blinking light mean bad led bulbsand how do you replace them or a fan of some kind
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

This set does not have replaceable LED bulbs, or a fan offhand. The blinking light is simply a general trouble code - which could point to the power board, mainboard or even the LCD board having failed.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

In order to dig deeper I need more info:

1) Is the set just over a year or just under?

2) Did the problem occur after any storms, etc.?

3) Unplug the TV and plug it back in, does that light start blinking right away? - Or only after you press the power button?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Also, you said the set has sound? This is rare if the light is blinking. That light usually means the TV is not powering up at all. Are you sure the sound/audio isn't coming from an external soundbar or receiver?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Joe, I haven't gotten a response from you, are you having issues preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok i will try to do that i cant now, can this be fixed cheap or do i have to junk it if that dont work will i be able to reconnect to you once i sing off
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. In most cases, the cause of that light blinking is a $70 board that needs to be replaced - either the Mainboard, or the Power Board. If you swap the board out yourself you only pay that. Yes you can reply back here at anytime at no additional cost and I will continue with you if you need more help.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further help at this time?