Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

When I was setting up my tv today i could not get anything

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, When I was setting up my tv today i could not get anything through the TOOL button on the remote. ('Not Available') i also get not get FreeView ('Not Available') even though the banner was displayed on the top left of screen. I have had both working before. I had to reset due to a broken and renewed antenna Cable. Thanks for your assistance.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: I don't have the tv model with me. It is at my girlfriends place but it is 55 inch Samsung 4K UHD TV and I was using 'it's remote" and the remote from my brand new Samsung Blurry/DVD player.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works fine , I was able to set up favourites without any problems
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My girlfriend contacted me last night to say the TV was 'fuzzy' and she couldn't get most stations. She then discovered the arial cable was broken at the wall socket and it eventually fell out. I replaced it today.i
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

What is the make/model of the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a new 55inch samsung 4K UHD TV. I am in Australia if that help. I don't know the actual model as it is at my girlfriend place and i am not at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have found out Samsung UA55KU6000
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you still working on my problem?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Good morning, and my apologies for missing you, by the time you posted back to this question I was offline for the night (I'm in the US on a much different time zone).

For the freeview issue, you need to have the tv set to the TV (air) input mode, as opposed to hdmi, video, etc. With it in TV input mode you should then be able to access the MENU (not tools) and from there you'll run the Auto Scan (auto program) to pick up the freeview channels. Let me know if that helps.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?